Wednesday, August 31, 2022

King Crab

We planned an ambitious birthday dinner at the Downtown Water Grill. It included a giant king crab. This was going to be an epic meal!
And it was! We were not disappointed by the quality of the food or service. The king crab after being presented to us alive on a platter then disappeared back to the kitchen to be cooked. It reappeared 45 minutes later a very different color. We all - that's 6 adults- dug in and took a large claw. I took my claw and started work on it. It was a substantial claw and held a lot of meat. This was my first time eating a king crab and I was surprised and delighted when substantial lumps of crab fell into my melted butter dish! There was no doubt that this was a luxury dish and savoring large mouthfuls of sweet flesh at a time was a true gourmet experience. I discovered how the excellent mashed potatoes complemented the buttery, rich crab. I continued eating and enjoyed every bite. Before the meal we had been wondering whether we might have extra crab to take home. Not a chance! In a very short time the crab legs had all disappeared.
Empty shells were checked for one last morsel and afterwards one laid down one's fork, pulled of the protective bib and sighed a deep sigh of contentment.That certainly was a meal. For dessert I had one of the restaurants best dishes: bread pudding with caramel sauce and ice cream. The salted caramel was a great contrast and a satisfying end to the meal. We drank very good quality champagne with all this great food and gave thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment